1. This is an URGENT request for your involvement.
2. As you know the Prime Minister has called for an urgent meeting of Caucus, plus all the Government's backbenchers, to attend a meeting next Sunday, 5 February 2012.
3. Apparently they are going to list all their concerns on butcher's paper.
4. This is a perfect opportunity to ensure that our demands are considered and are listed on their butcher's paper lists.
To ensure that our demands are listed by Caucus and the ALP backbenchers on their "Butcher's Paper" list.
• We are after volume, not lengthy, detailed submissions.
• We must get hundreds of emails and, preferably, short, succinct letters to our local ALP politicians, including the ALP Senators, especially to those ALP Members in marginal seats. (For a list of these members go to the website link below
• THIS IS URGENT and your involvement is critical.
1. As with OPERATION "LETTER RAID" we encourage everyone to send either an email (or several emails) or a short, pithy letter (but not rude) to their local ALP member and Senator.
2. Those who reside in an electorate not held by an ALP member are encouraged to email, or write to, the Prime Minister.
• Links to Draft letters areat the bottom of this newsletter, but please feel free to do it your way – THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO DO IT!!!
• These letters can be either sent as an email BUT DO NOT SEND THEM AS AN ATTACHMENT as politicians do not open attachments.
• No need to post your letters by registered mail.
2. LETTERS MUST BE POSTED BY THIS WEDNESDAY, 1 February 2012.
3. Emails can be sent at any time up to and including Friday, 3 February 2012.
• Email and postal addresses for all ALP politicians and all Senators can be found at these websites:
• Postal Addresses can be found by just clicking on to the designated Member/Senator.
• It is strongly suggested that you send two copies of your letters:
1. One to his/her Electoral Office, and
2. One addressed to:
Member for (insert Electorate)
House of Representatives
CANBERRA ACT 2600
For those who may be concerned that letters may not arrive at either the Electorate Office or at Parliament House by this Friday, 3 February, I suggest that you send them PRIORITY PAID
1. Yes, I know that I have left out "ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTICS"!!!
2. WE NEED YOUR URGENT AND ONGOING INVOLVEMENT.
3. WE NEED VOLUME, HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS of emails and LETTERS TO REACH THE ALP MEMBERS/SENATORS BYU THIS FRIDAY.
4. THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW THE GOVERNMENT THAT WE ARE STILL HERE, WE ARE UNITED AND WE WILL NOT GO AWAY.
DRAFT LETTERS FOLLOW (ALSO USE WITHIN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAILS BUT NOT AS AN ATTACMENT).
OVER TO YOU.
MAKE YOUR VOICE AND YOUR POSITION HEARD
(APOLOGIES FOR THIS VERY LATE NOTICE – BUT YOU CAN STILL MEET THE DEADLINES IF YOU ARE REALLY COMMITED TO GETTING "A FAIR GO".